Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Positive changes I had made this year!

Today is earth day so I thought I would just list the positive changes I made in my lifestyle this year, which would hopefully help mother earth.

-Started taking a grocery bag to stores, instead of coming back with plastic bags.
Nowadays, I even carry the clear plastic bags from my earlier trips to keep produce, so that I can reuse them.
-Stopped throwing food waste in my office bin, which prompted the janitor to change the plastic liner often. I guess she's also happy that she's one less waste-basket to line. My office waste-basket liner hasn't been changed in, like, 2 months.
-Started line drying some of the clothes, so we don't have to use dryer that often. Since we have a pay per wash machine, its easy on my pocket-book too. Of course this has been possible since we moved to an apartment with a yard.
-Changed most of our lighting to CFL, this has been a very recent change and I am just wondering why it took me so long :-/

Those are the things that I can think of right now. If you have some tips that you think we can implement do let me know in the comments.

No comments: