Friday, April 25, 2008

Imprisoned!

Yes, I have been caught up, in a novel. I went to my offices' book club to return an earlier read book, and this book tagged along on my way back. I thought what the heck, I don't like stories by every novelist...so I just opened it to sample it, with the good intention of returning it back to the rack very next day. And then it happened, the book caught me, ok, my attention...but you get the drift.
So, for last 3 days I have been coming home from office, changing, and reading...reading till late in night. BEB was irritated beyond words, and he showed immense patience. Finally, yesterday, I was able to finish it and then it left me for good. Needless to say, the cleaning and laundry has taken a major hit. And cooking was done just enough to not feel hungry while savoring the story, that is, until BEB thought enough is enough, and took the responsibility of fixing dinner yesterday. And to tell you the truth, the dinner yesterday was yummy! :D
Does it happen to you? Do you get so engaged in a book or some other activity that you just push other tasks away, let things slip?
Jokes apart, there was still one good thing that came out of all this, I realized that we don't need to do quite that much work to run home after all. If I take it light, and don't pay too much attention to things lying around or home being a little bit unorganized, its ok too. As long as me and BEB are happy we don't have much to complain.

No comments: