Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Update on down payment for house

As promised I am putting up this post to update you on my progress towards putting together a down payment (10%) for our dream home. So we had 3% when I posted about it last time.
We got our paychecks last week and now we are at 5+%. But we have to plan for payment to the lawyers and then I need to set aside some money for our inevitable trip to India. (Gosh! its been more than an year!). So we're looking at 4% down payment as of today. Its not a big leap and we still can't think of buying a house for another couple of months. The good news, however, is that the house that I had my eyes on for quite sometime now is up for rent. So most likely we'll rent it from next month. That will also give us sometime to think and collect down payment before we go for buying a house.

No comments: